April 3, 2020
First and foremost, all of us at Altum Senior Living wish to send a special THANK YOU to everyone who has selected an Altum Senior Living Community to be home. It is our pleasure to have you with us and we want you to know that we take great pride in having the opportunity to serve you.
As I am certain you are aware, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has hit the United States changing our lives in ways we could have never imagined. We know there is a great deal of concern for the well-being of our most vulnerable population, many of whom live in our communities. For this reason, we want to assure you that Altum Senior Living is treating this situation with extreme caution and has implemented all precautionary measures and guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as local State Departments of Health.
For our residents and their families, we are…
- Implementing and in many cases exceeding, recommendations provided by the CDC and Federal, State and Local regulatory authorities.
- Restricting visitation:
- All non-essential visitors are restricted from entering Altum communities.
- Essential visitors are limited to one entrance, are screened (including monitoring temperature) prior to entry and, upon being cleared for entry, are required to use hand sanitizer and/or required to wash hands with soap and water.
- Implementing new dining and snacking protocols:
- In-room dining provided in Independent and Assisted Living neighborhoods. Social/physical distancing monitored in our memory care neighborhoods where in-room dining is not feasible.
- All catering activities, lobby beverage and hospitality stations have been cancelled.
- Nutrition and hydration programs continue with resident social/physical distancing in place at all times.
- Eliminating social events:
- All non-medical resident outings and other social events have been postponed or cancelled until further notice.
- All routine social visits and outside group activities have been cancelled.
- New internal group activities that allow for engagement and resident social/physical distancing have been implemented.
- Keeping residents connected with Family and friends:
- Altum is proud to introduce the “Connections” program which allows residents and family members to share Facetime live visits. Please visit the community website for information on this program and to schedule an appointment time with your loved one.
For our community operations teams we are…
- Providing all communities with daily COVID-19 support which includes daily calls with Altum Leadership and expert consultants supporting information sharing and robust communication.
- Leveraging strategic sourcing of supplies to ensure our communities have necessary supplies and equipment.
- Stopping all non-necessary construction or building work provided by outside vendors.
- Focusing on infection prevention and control practices which include:
- Continuing a high level of cleanliness throughout our communities.
- Posted reminders throughout the communities to remind everyone to wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer.
- Closely monitored health statuses of residents and team members.
- Fully implemented emergency response plans.
All of us at Altum wish to thank our residents and family members for their support and understanding as we know some of the measures recently put into place limit freedom to move about, attend large activities and receive guests. Please understand the precautionary measures put into place are to keep the health and safety of our residents in mind. Our efforts and plans would not be successful without the support of our residents and family members. We thank you for this.
We also want to send out a friendly reminder to all that according to CDC, the most effective measures to combat the Coronavirus are:
- Wash your hands frequently. Use soap and water and wash them for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water isn’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. We have several hand sanitizer pumps located in common areas throughout our communities.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue when coughing and sneezing. Remember to throw away the tissue and wash your hands immediately.
- Maintain social/physical distance. If possible, maintain a distance of six feet between yourself and others.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Hands touch many surfaces that can be contaminated.
- Seek medical attention if you have any of following symptoms: fever, cough or difficulty breathing/shortness of breath.
At Altum Senor Living, we are committed to keeping residents updated on the latest Coronavirus information. Please continue to watch for updated information via this website or from direct communication from our Executive Directors.
Barton Bolt, President
R. Tod Murray, Vice President of Operations